Posted on : 17-02-2011 | By : jonny charlton | In : Activities, Skateboarding
Here’s something that everybody wants to do for fun … painting a skateboard. This blog post will teach you how to make a custom board
Materials needed: Skateboard, Tools (Socket Wrench, Screwdriver), Newspaper, Spray Paint, Elmer’s Painters Markers
- First, you will need to take the trucks off of the skateboard. (Trucks are the metal pieces that hold the wheels on the board).
- Next, you will need to get your spray paint and newspaper (place this newspaper under your board, so that you do not make a mess).
- Spray the bottom area of the skateboard (not the tape / top area you stand on). Don’t put too many layers – 2 or 3 coats of paint is perfect. I prefer to use just one solid color, but you can do what you like.
- Let the skateboard dry, then take your Elmer’s Painters Markers (paint markers) and draw your own design. You can use traditional paint and brushes, but I like paint markers because I can use them to paint my board anywhere in the house and real paint will rub off.).
- Put your skateboard back together and you’re done.
* Note: You can also use polyurethane spray to seal your paint job, but this is not suggested if you plan to paint your skateboard again.